Dear PSG Folks, The AAS has just announced that the deadline for panel and paper proposals for AAS 2021 has been extended to Wednesday, August 19, 5pm EST. If you have already submitted your proposal, there’s no need for you to take any action (though if you wish to modify it before the new deadline, you can). If you have not submitted a proposal but want to, you have another opportunity to do so! Many of you have already received the below notification, with more details, directly from the AAS. –Megan (Thomas, PSG Country Chair)
AAS Annual Conference
2021 Call for Proposals
Deadline Extended – August 19, 2020, 5:00pm
The AAS is extending the deadline of the call for proposals in an effort to allow organizers more time to develop sessions and contact potential participants. As you continue organizing sessions, please keep in mind the following two important details:
1. The 2021 AAS HYBRID Annual Conference will incorporate BOTH in-person and virtual presentations.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- Participants who are unable to attend the conference in-person in Seattle will have the option of presenting their research virtually.
- Virtual formats include live presentations, pre-recorded videos, and/or PowerPoint presentations with recorded audio and/or video.
- Session Q&A and discussion options will be available for virtual presentations.
- Full sessions may take place virtually (online).
- For sessions taking place in Seattle, individual participants may choose to present virtually to the in-person Seattle audience—a session does not have to be entirely virtual or entirely in-person; each speaker can choose the format that works best for them.
- The AAS will offer both in-person conference registration rates and discounted virtual conference registration rates.
- Virtual conference registration will include access to sessions, special events, film screenings, and virtual exhibit booths.
2. Proposals accepted to the cancelled 2020 Boston conference program may be re-submitted for consideration without prejudice.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- If your session or paper was accepted to appear on the 2020 Boston conference program, please feel free to re-submit the proposal for consideration this year.
- Presenters will also have the option to hold their sessions virtually with the opportunity for Q&A and discussion.
For more information, please take a moment to view the Frequently Asked Questions.
The EXTENDED deadline for all proposal types is
Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 5:00pm ET.
If you have already submitted a proposal, you may log in to review, revise and resubmit your proposal as needed before August 19th at 5:00pm. Not required, this is only for your reference.
Additional Call for Proposals: Special Topics
Issues Addressing Racial Injustice, Violence, and Oppression
See the Call for Proposals website for more information.